You want to travel in England and you consider that the best way to travel in the United Kingdom is by car. If you think that buying a vehicle can be expensive, try car rental in England.
Renting a car in England is something that is becoming more and more popular, since a simple Google search can reveal many companies dedicated to car rental and more than 250,000 results. Visit www.drivy.co.uk/ for more about renting a car in England.
In this post, we will give you a complete guide with some tips for renting a car in England, some prices and companies in the sector as well as the requirements required.
Tips for renting a car in England
First of all, think that you will need two or three days to adjust to the new car. You can follow the advice we give you in our article on how to drive in England.
- Don’t stay with the first car you see: The offer is really wide, so you will find many different companies, different prices for the same choice and also a wide variety of models. Take your time to search and you will find the best offer to rent a car in England.
- Choose a car that meets your needs: the search will offer you a wide choice of different models, mainly those driven in England. At first glance, you may not even recognize the brand, but the important thing is that it must adapt to the type of trip you want to make.
- In high season, use online rental. Renting a car in England can be expensive due to high demand, especially in high season when it may be even less economical.
If you rent online the price will be lower and, in addition, you will be able to easily see and compare all the vehicles. You gain peace of mind knowing that when you arrive at your destination, you will have your car and you will not have to waste any more time in the rental process.
- Prices at the rental offices are generally higher; in addition, you will not have as many choices. Maybe you will have to rent the only car available that will not suit you, or maybe you will have to look for other companies and waste time because the stock is exhausted.
- If you return the car to the airport, make sure you arrive well in advance. Procedures can get longer and you may lose your flight.
- Before you drive, carefully examine the exterior and interior of the car to make sure you are aware of the conditions in which it is located. If you see something wrong, such as a blow, a scratch or something unusual, share it and take pictures to avoid false accusations.
- Don’t trust all car rental web comparators. The reason, many of them have partnerships with some companies and they will recommend the most convenient offer for them but not for you.
- Before renting a car in England or any other country, always read the “General Conditions” section, which is usually well hidden and written in very small print, to take into account any hidden additional costs.